Every year, Enbicon host a charity auction where gamers can both clear out some space and pick up some new to them games. We will be doing the auction once again in 2019 and as per previous years our charity of choice is the Fredericton SPCA.
Since 2015 (when we started keeping more accurate track) we’ve raised over $1200 for the SPCA and 2018’s auction raised $430!!
2019 ENBICON Game Auction FAQ
Q. What type of things do you accept?
A. While we accept board games, card games and RPGs, we do not accept games like Monopoly, Risk, Sorry, etc. These are not the types of games people are interested in buying and we only have an hour to sell items. We do not accept single cards or groups of cards for trading card games.
Q. How is the money split?
- 75% of the sale proceeds for the item goes back to the seller and 25% goes to the SPCA. The seller may donate more if they desire by making note when they drop off the item..
Q. How do I get an auction item to you?
- For any questions regarding where to leave game auction items please refer to Chris Fougere of ENBICON staff at enbicongames [at] gmail [dot] com or message via Facebook.
Q. What information do I need to provide?
- Sellers are responsible for putting a tag or sticky note on each item they wish to sell with the following information clearly printed – SELLER NAME, CONTACT INFORMATION, ITEM NAME/TYPE, ITEM MINIMUM BID (5$ lowest). Submissions without this information on them will either NOT be accepted or considered a donation with all proceeds going to the SPCA at the discretion of the convention staff. If there is no listed minimum bid, then it shall be 5$.
Q. What do I need to do as a seller?
- Sellers must remain present at the auction (or have a proxy arranged with convention staff) to collect any proceeds or unsold items from the auction. We will not be looking for you so please be available near the auction table near the end so we can get your cash or items back to you. The convention staff is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
Please be sure boxes are solid enough to hold together or are bound together in some fashion to prevent loss of pieces etc.
Q. What is the minimum bid?
- Minimum bid, unless the seller states otherwise, is $5. Bid increments must be at least $1.
Q. Do you accept debit?
- All purchases are cash only.