We did a thing. Well actually two things. (Not from your friendly webmaster we’re combining a couple of Updates here into one post, so it will be a longer one.)
1. We figured out the tech to print badges for folks who registered online. So those who did so will have badges and lanyards. Those who did not will have wrist bracelets. Next year we’re hoping to have badges for everyone, even if we need to print them on site.
2. We secured insurance. Like responsible grownups. Going forward this will make it easier for us to secure some different vendors and if we ever need a different venue it’s important to have established history.
As of 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, masks will be mandatory in all indoor public spaces, including:
public spaces where the public and employees interact, such as retail businesses, malls, service centres, places of worship, and restaurants and bars except while eating;
organized indoor gatherings in public spaces, such as weddings and funerals;
common areas like lobbies, elevators and hallways, and public shared spaces including those in private sector and government workspaces; and public transportation.
Please be mindful of these new policies. Please note – that with this mandate this means that masks need to be worn at the table as well. We strongly recommend that GMs try to schedule a small break or two during their game so folks can get up and go outside without disrupting the game.
Get Hype for our Charity Auction!!!!! Saturday at 7 pm! We’ve got some great items! Here’s a preview! #RoadtoEnbicon Terrain comes in 4 2 ft x 2 ft tiles, put up by Jarrid Brooks, and the Dice ray and vault have been produced for us, with the Official Enbicon Logo, by Blackwood Workshop!
I have been watching the mail very closely for a few days now, but it has finally arrived! Watch the Video here!
Edit ~~ After a first attempt was somehow shipped to France (no one knows how, but we had a good laugh about it) these super cute Hex chest minis were given to us by our returning sponsor, Elderwood Academy! We are very excited that these got here in time! I’ll be posting more about this year’s prizes tomorrow
It’s not too late, we have open tables for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some space will be set aside for pick up and play board games and such, but if you want to run a game and get it on the schedule, contact us and we’ll get you signed up asap.
Hey folks. Registration will open today. For those who use Tabletop Events a few things.
1 – the price is in USD. We’ve priced it so that as of today, the ticket price + fees is just under the $20 door price. We didn’t want the price to be $20+fees.
2 – once you buy a badge you will be able to sign up for events.
If folks wish they can email a photo of their vaccination proof (or medical exemption) to enbicongames [at] gmail [dot] com and we can get that taken care of beforehand as well. if you do sent us a photo, once it is marked down on our end, it will be deleted. If you’d rather not send a photo then bring a copy with you to the event.
Getting down to the wire now as September rolls in…We will once again be hosting the gaming auction, this year to benefit CARMA Fredericton. Bring your games to auction with the following…
Percentage for CARMA. The default (and minimum) is 25%.
If the information is not on the item we will make the default assumptions.
Enbicon becomes the seller.
The Starting bid will be $5. Regardless of possible value.
50% will go to CARMA, 50% will go to the convention.
Please be sure that items for the auction are things that will appeal to gamers. We do not accept old board games like Risk or Scrabble and we generally don’t accept game add-ons unless we think they will sell.
Not going to be able to make it to the Con but still want to sell your games? Contact us and arrange a location and time to drop them off and we’ll make sure they make it to the auction.
At the end of the day our goal is to provide a safe environment for our attendees, guests and volunteers. As a result the current COVID plan is in place. We continue to monitor the provincial situation and will adjust as we feel is necessary.
– Proof of vaccination. We’re a private business, not a care provider and thus not subject to PHIBA rules. Medical exemptions are allowed but if you are otherwise not vaccinated please stay home.
– Adjusting spacing/number of tables. Guests not actively participating in a game are asked not to take up a table that is reserved for a game.
– GMs will be provided with disinfectant and will wipe down the table surface once their game is concluded. It is also recommended that GMs wipe down the table before they start in case the previous group forgot (it happens).
– Contact tracking list, including phone numbers.
– Masks must be worn unless seated at a table and the table agrees.
– Temperature taken and recorded upon entry.
– Attendees will be asked the standard COVID questions and be required to sign that the answers given are accurate.
I want to be very, very clear here. This is not a place to protest masks or vaccines etc. Simply put you are welcome to stay home if you cannot or will not comply with the convention rules.